Grahare Fan Club

The members of the Grahare fan club would like to hang his picture in the halls of the White House. That is why we have lauched this blog to draft him for the presidency! We are posting his countless letters as a way to reach voters across the country. Soon Americans in every polling box will be enlightened to Marcus' pragmatic beliefs!

Unofficial Marcus Draft Committee
ryals@uab.edu

Visit Marcus' Facebook Profile:
http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=1249846273&k=ZXG5PWQ4TYVM51CCWBY5SS&r&v=2

13 January 2010

Airport screeners pick questionable targets

I do not write this thinking I can either add to or dissect the apparent debacle, which allowed an obviously murder-oriented terrorist on board an American transatlantic flight. Some reports continue to comment that he was the "alleged" bomber. I cringed at Ms. Napolitano's comment that "the system worked."

What I do know is the screeners will move a little old lady, maybe 82 years old, 4 feet 11 inches tall, in a white jumpsuit, out of line. They will take her transparent lexan cane and run it through the X-ray machine.

Meanwhile, they will make her remove her Velcro, diabetic-type shoes, slowly totter through the metal scanner and then make her walk over to and stand on the footprint pad while doing a full body scan. I fully expected her to be whisked away for a full body cavity search.

All the while a TSA agent was standing within my comfort zone, staring at me. I suppose he was looking for me to squirm or maybe break into a sweat. I cleared unchallenged.

When they finished with "Grandma Moses," I walked over and quietly whispered to her as she shakily replaced her shoes, "You are the most suspicious possible terrorist I have ever seen." Without hesitation she looked up and replied, " It takes one to know one."

West Marcus
Montgomery