Grahare Fan Club

The members of the Grahare fan club would like to hang his picture in the halls of the White House. That is why we have lauched this blog to draft him for the presidency! We are posting his countless letters as a way to reach voters across the country. Soon Americans in every polling box will be enlightened to Marcus' pragmatic beliefs!

Unofficial Marcus Draft Committee
ryals@uab.edu

Visit Marcus' Facebook Profile:
http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=1249846273&k=ZXG5PWQ4TYVM51CCWBY5SS&r&v=2

25 March 2008

Gas prices do little for driving habits

Letters
Gas prices do little for driving habits

I currently drive daily to accomplish two hours of part-time work. All of the mileage is from Taylor Road down Vaughn Road and the East Boulevard to McGehee Road.


Since gasoline is now at $3.50 for premium, one would think driving habits would begin to change. No such luck. Tailgaters abound, turn signal usage is sparse, long lines at drive-throughs when a walk-in is faster, blocked intersections at critical turns, and of course red light roulette.


I am no longer amazed, at least weekly, to slowly pass a rear-end wreck only to look in my rearview mirror to see a cell phone user smoking a cigarette attempting to kiss my rear bumper.


Heaven forbid I should drive the speed limit. Just forget the 10 mph distance rule. (As an aside: don't think women do not know the use of the middle digit).


OK. I am through venting. Let me go and seize the day, my steering wheel and of course my insurance papers.

West Marcus
Montgomery