Grahare Fan Club

The members of the Grahare fan club would like to hang his picture in the halls of the White House. That is why we have lauched this blog to draft him for the presidency! We are posting his countless letters as a way to reach voters across the country. Soon Americans in every polling box will be enlightened to Marcus' pragmatic beliefs!

Unofficial Marcus Draft Committee
ryals@uab.edu

Visit Marcus' Facebook Profile:
http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=1249846273&k=ZXG5PWQ4TYVM51CCWBY5SS&r&v=2

31 March 2008

Religion, law make dangerous mix

March 31, 2008

I read the Advertiser editorial "Law, not religion, rules in court." I am one of those who has always believed religion does not mix in law and public education.

I was in education for several decades, thus I know that argument. I also realize many sincere individuals believe the public schools should be responsible for the religious rearing of all students, plus we should believe that all court proceedings should be Christian.

I am sincerely curious about WWJD. Did Jesus hold a prayer circle before he went in the temple of the money lenders? What does religion have to do with the prosecution of a person arrested while robbing my home or auto?

Should the probate office hold a prayer circle for driver or marriage licenses? (Well, maybe)

If I sue someone in small claims court, I really don't want a judge to pray over a decision. It isn't the principle, it's the money. Just imagine Judge Judy saying grace while calling a defendant an idiot. Perfect.

West Marcus
Montgomery